Today, businesses are spending a large amount of money to infuse technological innovations in their frontend to build user-friendly and attractive web or mobile applications. But don’t forget that the frontend experiences always depend on a robust backend.
A website would not be complete without a good backend framework, as it is the only way to control the site and the content. Apart from this, the backend frameworks also have web servers, APIs, extensive libraries, and other functions of admin and developer.
There are numerous backend frameworks available in the market with most of them are licensed as open-source. However, it doesn’t mean all of them are good. When it comes to using the backend framework, it is crucial to choose an option that offers you great features to build an intuitive website.
Below, we have listed some of the best Open Source frameworks for backend development used by the leading Laravel application development companies.
The Laravel is probably the most popular frameworks available for web development. It is known as a fully-featured backend framework for web development and numerous web building components. Thus, it helps the developers in building apps and websites at a much faster rate, which are very stable, low-maintenance, and bugs free.
Released in 2015, Laravel is the most widely accepted framework by developers due to the following features:
- It develops apps and websites faster.
- Supports error, caching, and log-handling.
- It can handle Security Vulnerabilities very well.
- The code access in Laravel is very secure.
If we have to name the most used backend framework it is none other than ASP.NET. It is an open-source framework that runs on Windows, Linux, and macOS. From Windows Forms to UWP, and WPF, these all are used in ASP.NET to build Windows applications. With the .NET framework, the relocation of existing applications isn’t required. As a result, developers can easily switch from one framework to another.
The additional features of ASP.NET include:
- It allows developers to implement code throughout the .NET implications such as NET Core.
- The compatibility code of .NET Standards 2.0 allows .NET Core projects to be called as .NET Framework libraries.
- With the .NET Framework, developers can use 3rd party technologies that are not available for .NET Core.
- Other exciting features of the .NET Framework are cross-platform functionality, improved performance, New APIs, open-source and side-by-side versioning.
Ruby on Rails
Written in Ruby, Ruby on Rails is one of the popular server-side frameworks. This backend framework allows the utilization of configuration such as MVC and DRY. Since it is an object-arranged framework, Ruby can be used for creating a lightweight web-based application.
Here are some of the exciting features of Ruby on Rails.
- According to the Model-View-Controller, Ruby on Rails is a database-backend framework.
- It requires less effort and time because codes are comparatively smaller to achieve desirable results.
- It offers ‘Don’t Repeat Yourself’ feature, which reduces the repetition of information.
- From Airbnb to Shopify, GitHub, Hulu, Square, Zendesk, and SoundCloud, these are some of the most renowned companies that use Ruby on Rails.
These are some of the best open-source frameworks for backend development. Well, there are a lot more. If you’re searching for a reliable web-solution company that offers unparalleled Laravel application development services, get in touch with our experts at SoftProdigy Solutions.
Summary – When it comes to the backend frameworks, they act as a catalyst for developers to guide them out of their silos. Thus, it is necessary to use a framework that suits your project needs. Have a look at some of the common frameworks used by the best Laravel development company.