Sharepoint is endear to professionals who appreciate enterprise communication. According to Microsoft, there are 160 million SharePoint users across 75,000 customer organizations. It is a web-based intranet that can help improve an organization’s productivity by streamlining the management and access to data.
With time, significant features has been added to this alluring platform. Recently, Microsoft has rolled out communication sites to Office 365’s first release customers. With this, you can create beautiful and dynamic sites in a blink of a second. It has enabled companies to share news, reports, statuses, and other information in a visually compelling format. Invest in a reputed company, which can offer you customized Sharepoint development services for the seamless communication within the organization.
This new feature in Sharepoint offers broader communications rather than restricted to just intragroup. Hire SharePoint developers who can make all-encompassing communication sites for your internal cross-company campaigns, product launches, weekly and monthly reports or status updates, events and more. Communication sites in Office 365 have three initial site designs, namely:
- Topic- It is best to use when you have enormous information to share, including news, events and other content
- Showcase- It can be used to feature a product, team or event with the help of photos or images
- Blank- Start with a blank site to make your design easily
When you choose the Topic design, you get a home page consisting of several customized web parts, like
- Hero: Use it to bring focus and visual interest to your page. Display up to five items, like compelling images to engage viewers.
- News: Keep your team in the loop and engage them with interesting stories.
- Events: Give information about upcoming events on it.
- Documents: Use the Document web part to insert an Excel, PowerPoint, Word, or Visio document. Users will see the starting page of the document in a frame, and can scroll through the pages or even download the document.
The Showcase design also comes with a home page that includes several customized web parts, like:
- Hero: Bring focus and visual interest to your page using it. It enables you to pick from two layouts, Tile and Layer, and add captivating images to engage to each item.
- Image gallery: Share collections of pictures on a page using image gallery.
Communication sites offer great customization options to users to continue refining and enhancing news. You can build full-width layouts and improved title regions with custom header images to make office communication a bit more fun and personal. It also brings comments to pages where new articles and pages can be loaded with comments for references during meetings. Communication sites have numerous improved characteristics, like:
- Power BI and Microsoft Stream- Bring in interactive reports using the Power BI web part, and embed single videos or full channels from Microsoft Stream
- GIF support- You can now include animated GIFs in your layout
- Updated News web part- Showcase your news using multiple layouts to highlight what is important with greater flexibility. You can use the default Top story layout, view news as a list or side-by-side
Final WordsSharePoint gives you the tools to collaborate, inform and engage, with broader audiences across the organization. It enables you clearly communicate your message throughout your company. So, hire SharePoint developers today to increase work productivity.