Digital marketing is continually evolving to match the ever-changing trends in the online space. This industry is also online-focused and reliant on information systems, which put your system at a higher risk of a cyberattack if you work in digital marketing. As a result, you might face potential downtime, financial frauds, and more. To prevent these mishappenings, it is recommended for companies to invest in cybersecurity to secure their digital platforms.
If you own an online business, you must invest your precious time and hard-earned money to protect your online platforms, including website, social media networks, payment portals, and internal systems to prevent a breach. Although cybersecurity is needed in many industries, in this post, we will explain why it is crucial in digital marketing.
Here’s why cybersecurity is crucial in digital marketing:
When we talk about your digital strategy, it is of utmost importance to protect your website. Websites that are poorly configured can become an easy target for criminals and hackers, and cause damage to your reputation, adds to financial losses, and leads to regulatory fines. The following are some of the most common types of cyberattacks in digital marketing, enlisted by one of the leading digital marketing agency services provider.
- SQL injection attacks – This type of cyberattack happens when hackers send commands to online search boxes or forms. For example, if you have a poorly configured website, hackers can access your database with the help of these commands. It is one of the most common tactics used by high-profile hackers.
- Cross-site scripting – In this, malicious code will be injected by hackers into your site to breach data from people visiting your site.
- Password attacks – Hackers can easily crack your passwords if they are very simple to guess or it is just a dictionary word.
These are just a few ways hackers use to break into your websites’ configuration pages and cause potential harm to you and your website. Each day, the federal government is facing numerous cyberattacks, and since the onset of Coronavirus, the cases related to cyberattacks have increased by 37%. Now, the question is how to protect your website?
Below are a few simple steps to prevent any unauthorized access to your website.
- Your plug-ins as well as content management system should be up-to-date. Also, with the release of a new version, make sure you update them at the earliest. The most important thing about these updates is there security measures to keep up with hackers.
- Implementing IGA, or two-factor authentication can potentially reduce the chances of hackers to breach in your security, as it strengthens your security.
- You should also get a Web Application Firewall (WAF). It keeps your website behind a virtual wall that not only monitors your website traffic but also blocks attacks.
- Lastly, to ensure your customers that their data is safe on your website, you should install a digital certificate like an SSL certificate.
How to protect emails?
Email systems are another thing most commonly attacked by cyberattacks. Therefore, to protect your business’ email systems from hackers, it is crucial to train your employees on how to recognize fraudulent emails and never click those links attached to the emails. You should also encourage your employees to choose non-guessable passwords and change passwords frequently.
By following these steps, you can protect your website and email systems from getting attacked by high-profile hackers. If you’re looking for a reliable digital marketing service provider that ensures the security of your digital platforms, count on SoftProdigy Solutions. We have years of experience in providing highly-protected digital services, feel free to contact our experts.
Summary – Today, hackers use cutting-edge tools and technologies to breach sensitive information on websites. Therefore, it becomes crucial to invest your time as well as money in securing your digital platforms from cyberattacks. Learn how to do that.