We all know that usage of the mobile apps is rapidly increasing day-by-day, and mobile app development is a hot topic for tech-head business owners. The possibility to go beyond the ordinary is what takes the iOS & android mobile app development services to unknown dimensions!
‘Native app development or Hybrid app development’ is one of those debates that has been echoing in every app developer’s mind. There are many-many apps developed on the basis of these two. So, it has become very essential to understand them, before choosing one!
Today, by the means of this article, we would like to continue this debate & help you understand this topic, better. Let us begin:
Native App Development
Native mobile app development helps in creating apps for iOS & Android. The app developed on native platform will work only on a particular operating system. This means the developer should create different versions of an app for different systems.
Android apps built using Java platform and iOS apps built using iOS SDK, Swift, or Objective C are the best examples of native apps.
The native apps are capable of accessing the features that are present in the mobile quickly like microphone, camera, GPS, etc. They are very quick to send the push notifications too. Some famous native apps are Pokémon Go, Waze, Twitter, etc.
Hybrid App Development
In Hybrid app development, one app is created for different platforms from a single code base. This means that all the platforms can be targeted with only one iOS, Windows, & Android hybrid app development.
Hybrid apps are possible because of some useful tools. Although, these tools are not part of the official iOS or Android platforms, but they are third-party tools such as Apache Cordova.
Native App Development v/s Hybrid App Development
- Native app development uses only native languages, while Hybrid app development can use both native as well as web languages.
- Native apps are built for only one operating system, whereas hybrid apps can run on multiple platforms.
- User Interface (UI) for a native app is very rich & attractive. On the other hand, Hybrid apps won’t give you a fully native experience.
- The apps perform faster and highly reliable because of their design on Native app development, but this can differ in case of Hybrid app development.
- The app code is updated through the market for Native apps. Whereas, Hybrid apps will be updated regularly from the app store and no need of updating the app code.
- Compatibility with other apps present on the device is higher for Native apps as compared to Hybrid apps.
- Native app development is pretty complex to learn as compared to Hybrid app development.
- Development cost for Hybrid apps is cheaper than that of Native app development.
Both the types of apps have their fair share of pros and cons. Hybrid apps are helpful for custom Android app development. Both fulfill the different needs and preferences of users and developers. Actually, your requirements are going to set your preference among them.
SoftProdigy is a top Android mobile app development company and if you are looking for a trusted app development firm for your business project then, contact us now!